Many people with arthritis would agree that often medication alone isn’t enough to relieve the pain associated with arthritis. A Land O Lakes FL chiropractor would like to demonstrate how chiropractic care can help many of these people to find relief safely and gently. Arthritis is caused by fixated, out of alignment joints that start to grind, leading to inflammation and joint damage. Patients with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, or ankylosing spondylitis may reduce inflammation and pain and improve mobility by proper realignment and by receiving gentle spinal manipulation, mixed with exercise plus an anti-inflammatory diet.
What can a Land O Lakes FL chiropractor do to provide safe arthritis pain relief?
- The chiropractor will review your family medical history and your general health at your first visit – A chiropractor will assess the flexibility of your spine, and if necessary, will perform a neurological examination.
- A chiropractor can use specific gentle adjustments to correct subluxations or spinal misalignments – If your body is aligned properly, pressure is taken off your nerves, and the correct motion between spinal bones is reestablished.
- Chiropractic adjustments allow your body to relax, rest and heal – When stress is taken off the nervous system, bodies function better. A better functioning body naturally feels less pain.
- Gentle flexing movements keep joints mobile and keeps blood flow moving around the joints.
- Many patients who receive care from a Land O Lakes FL chiropractor benefit from a reduced need to take any anti-inflammatory medicine.
- A chiropractor will help you to improve joint and muscle function, which may reduce your arthritic pain.
- People suffering from rheumatoid arthritis can benefit from seeing a Land O Lakes FL chiropractor in many ways – They may experience an improved range of motion, improved endurance and flexibility, and increased strength and muscle tone.
Along with the benefits listed above, patients with arthritis often experience pain relief by combining gentle spinal manipulation to reduce joint inflammation with a program of rehabilitative exercises, massage, ultrasound, and application of ice and heat to the affected areas.